Online course and membership software is a powerful way for businesses to share gated content with users with free or paid online courses. This allows businesses to secure their intellectual property, reach more people and generate new sources of income. We’ve had our membership platform in place since 2014. We set up and still use the same tool today, which is CustomerHub.
There are a lot of membership platforms out there, we know and have helped clients launch many programs on the main software providers. Why we love CustomerHub and also believe it’s a great fit for businesses out there is because it’s easy to use and you can literally get a course up and running in less than 30 minutes.
Membership Software – CustomerHub
I recently had the opportunity to interview the Founder Kyle Leavitt regarding the platform and some updates that will make it even easier for businesses.
In this video, we discuss:
- The Growing Information Economy (and why it’s not too late to launch your online program)
- The History of CustomerHub (how it all got started and the next generation launch)
- What Makes CustomerHub Different (compared to other membership software)
- CustomerHub Demo In Action (and how to quickly create a course/program)
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT – CustomerHub have just launched their new generation membership platform. You can try it out with a 14-day free trial (in fact you could actually get your program launched today!).
Key Features - CustomerHub
Why We Use CustomerHub (And Why You Should Consider It As Well):
As flagged in the video, we use CustomerHub for a variety of reasons. Here are the main reasons why we still use it and recommend others consider as well.
- Faster Setup – creating the tech stack to deliver a course/membership program can take a long time and/or be costly if you need to engage an expert to set it up for you. A membership site build can start $2,000, but you can also be delayed launching because of the technical expertise and time needed to get it setup in other tools. CustomerHub allows you to launch a program very quickly. In fact, in less than 30 minutes because the technology needed is included in the one platform.
- Easy To Use – When I started back in 2014, I didn’t know how to code, nor did I have the team around me now that could help me to code. I built our first paid course in CustomerHub without having to hire experts or get other plugins/tools to launch our course. It’s still easy to use as we need to add new programs, new pages/content to existing courses or make other changes. With the latest platform it’s even easier with their product templates so you don’t need to start from scratch.
- Integration – it’s important for us to have our membership software integrate with our marketing automation. That’s crucial particularly as we have different membership levels of free and paid courses. By having CustomerHub integrated with Keap Max Classic (formerly Infusionsoft) it allows us to automate when contacts get added or removed from gated content in our members area. We also use Keap in conjunction with CustomerHub for e-commerce, email marketing, membership renewals, email nurturing of our different membership levels. CustomerHub is introducing new integrations too, so be sure to check that out for ActiveCampaign, Zapier and more – very exciting!
- Mobile Friendly – As we live in a more mobile world than ever before, should users wish to access material on mobile or other devices, the platform is already designed to optimise for all formats. It also functions well on desktop too, and there is nothing extra you need to do in the setup for content to appear on all devices.
- Hosted Media – This is something that I think is often overlooked as flagged in the video. Hosting videos, audio, downloads and other files can take up a lot of space. For example, I’ve uploaded 52 hours of content in one of our programs, that’s a lot of video hosting!! If I were to create the membership site on other platforms, I would also need to pay for video hosting, plus I’d need to make sure this content was secure and make sure that it wasn’t slowing down my website. CustomerHub hosts ALL of this content for you. You don’t have to worry about data storage of files, paying extra for video/media hosting and the content is secure.
- Promotional – some of our paid programs we want to showcase in our members areas so other users, who don’t currently have access can see and check out our sales page should they wish to find out more. This is incredibly powerful to use your existing content and logins to help generate additional sales on courses/programs your audience might be interested in.
- Development – Over the last few years, as Kyle mentioned, since he’s been back as the owner, the software has continued to innovate. The ability to provide feedback/ideas and see suggestions become a reality in a short period of time is a testament to the team hearing and taking action on features that will assist the broader user group. The launch of the latest version of the platform makes it even easier and I know having seen the developments in the last few years, they will continue to improve it.
As you can gather, we love CustomerHub and the team behind it are the real deal. If you want to check out the tool, feel free to use our affiliate link if you’re open to that. We only promote software that we actively use and as said this has been an important part of our tech stack since 2014 and it will continue to be moving forward.